As the Assistant Principal in Data for Personalised Learning, the main focus of my role is to ensure that student data is used to inform teacher practice and, therefore, ensure each student is receive a targeted learning experience every day.
To support teachers and Education Support Staff (ESOs) to fulfill this obligation, my role entails a number of different aspects:
- working in partnership with staff, students, families and the school community to improve student outcomes
- working in collaboration with Leaders to facilitate professional learning for our teachers and ESOs that aligns with the Australian Curriculum, the Department for Education’s Best Advice, Practical Guides and Guidebooks, and current evidence-based research
- working in collaboration with our Teaching and Learning Coordinator to support staff to implement professional learning into classroom practice ensuring improved student outcomes
- analysing both local (school-based) and systems (Department) data to identify whole-school areas of strength and areas requiring attention. Data includes NAPLAN, Progressive Achievement Tests (PAT) (Reading & Mathematics), Phonics Screening Check, LEAP levels, Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS), Jolly Phonics, Jolly Grammar, Phonological Awareness Skills Mapping (PASM), and Big Ideas in Numbers (BIiN)
- supporting teachers in data collection, analysis and implementation to inform learning outcomes.
- facilitating teachers to conduct Department for Education assessment expectations (NAPLAN, PAT & PSC)
- working in collaboration with the Principal to develop a School Improvement Plan (SIP) using student data
Other aspects of my role that are not directly related to Data for Personalised Learning include:
- working in collaboration with local Kindergartens to support children and families to transition from Kindergarten to Ingle Farm Primary School
- establishing and reviewing enrolment processes and procedures, conducting school tours and enrolment meetings, and supporting to students and families to enrol at Ingle Farm Primary School
- attending Portfolio led professional learning ensuring our school is aligned to the requirements of the Local Education Team
- attending Department led professional learning ensuring my own professional knowledge and understanding is up-to-date, ensuring student outcomes are being supporting in the most effective manner.