IELP Assistant Principal
As IELP Assistant Principal, I lead the Intensive English Language Program for newly arrived students, to ensure that all students are supported and have access to a differentiated learning program. I pride myself on working with newly arrived families and aim to build capacity, support English learning and lead improvement and positive change.
My goal is for every student to be given the opportunity to learn, grow, build relationships and be successful members of society.
My role includes a wide range of duties specific to IELP and across the site:
- Management of the IELP across the school – includes supporting teachers with professional learning and data, students in their learning and wellbeing, organisation of B/ESO’s for in class support, data entry and student classroom allocation
- Establish the enrolment process for new families – meeting with families, booking interpreters, school tours
- Organisation of transport for eligible students in IELP
- Connecting families to the school and community – family zone, sports clubs, cultural communities
- Supporting teachers in effective planning and teaching using a differentiated approach – Teaching and Learning Cycles to support planning and learner differentiation
- Organisation of parent teacher interviews for IELP and mainstream families
- Supporting the transition of exiting students to local schools through a specific process that supports students, teachers and families
- Establishing intervention programs including 1×1 intervention and First Language Maintenance Development program for EALD students across the school
- Lead professional development workshops specific to LEAP
- Work in collaboration with the leadership team to improve student outcomes