Health and Physical Education
Through Health and Physical Education children and students learn about people’s physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual and social aspects.
This learning area focuses on:
- ‘participation in physical activity’ as compared to ‘fitness’
- the teaching and application of skills in a variety of physical activities
- the importance of safe and respectful behaviours within safe environments
- the importance of understanding oneself in different situations
- food and nutrition
- personal development and group skills.
Through these, students will:
- develop a positive outlook on lifelong participation in regular physical activity
- grow personally and socially in order to benefit themselves and others
- develop understandings and take action about health and its importance for both the individual and the community.